Anyway I often see posts like this and want to join in, a lot of the photo word prompts which I really enjoy always make me want to join the club but then I forget where I've seen the link and never actually get going!
But 10 random things would be easy I thought, so without further ado, get to know me a little better.....
1) I like lists, there are hundreds hidden around the house. The Builder hates them as he feels under pressure to fulfil them and so that's why they are hidden!
2) When I was younger I always said my two main ambitions in life were to be able to sing and to see! I had my eyes lasered about 10 years ago and I love it; still can't sing though!
3) Before having my eyes lasered I often wore contact lenses and had them in blue or green so I could change the colour of my eyes. I never ever got used to the fact I wore glasses and if I caught sight of myself in a shop window I was always surprised to see specs on my face!
4) I met my husband when I was 13 and he was 18, he had an 18th birthday party and got his friends to hand out invites to any girls they saw - there were around 5 boys and over 200 girls! And what would I do if my 13 year old daughter met an 18 year old she wanted to have as a boyfriend? Chase him down the road with a shotgun most probably!
5) I have never got on with my Mum, very sad but that's the reality which will probably never change.
6) I firmly believe in supporting those less well off and less capable in life. I will not have a debate about it and I know there are those who find loopholes and maybe don't deserve the amount of support they manage to get. However I still believe that a safety net and support network should be there - I may need it myself one day.
7) I once had dinner with a very famous British film star who, when we were introduced, held my hand and told me he loved me. At that point I uttered one sentence and got all the words in the wrong order, then turned and left the room. I didn't speak one word to him again and avoided eye contact for the rest of the evening!
8) I sometimes say I'm an only child and sometimes refer to my sister. Just to clarify I was brought up living with my Mum who had separated from my Dad when I was 2. However he has another daughter, a few years younger than me, who I see very occasionally.
9) As I was brought up in a 2 female household and had 2 girl cousins who I saw quite a bit, then went to an all girls high school I find boys and men a complete mystery. I spent most of my childhood with my elderly Grandparents so in addition to not understanding men I also don't understand competitive sports, rough and tumble and tickling!! I can see I'm a bit weird now I've written that down!
10) I started to go grey at age 15 but have dyed my hair ever since - it's always been a reddy brown - I would love ginger hair, or as my red haired cousin used to say "it's titian!"
Blimey, I think I could do another 20 randoms!! Who's next?
Have a lovely weekend wherever you are, the sun is shining through the showers here, cricket is on, then it's off, then it's on again - I've made the cricket tea today so if it's called off I'll have to eat 20 blueberry muffins, 20 spiced apple muffins, 2 giant banoffee pies, 2 lemon loaves and a big chocolate cake - anyone fancy joining me for a tea party?